A week of molding and casting

This last week has involved a lot of casting and molding in an effort to get the bikes ready.  First, I cast up 4 left and 4 right pilot arms.  I’ll have 2 bikers doing something else with their arms, either pointing purposefully or doing a drive by with their shuriken pistols – that sort of thing.

jetbike-guardians-04

Then I finished sculpting the Guardian legs for the bikes.  This was mostly a case of rebuilding the waste and belt, adding kneepads and then just redefining the detail of some of the armour parts.

jetbike-guardians-06

So far on my test bikes I’ve been using the stock Reaver chassis, but I decided the spiky lines of the upper chassis aren’t really fitting for Craftworld Eldar, so I took a chassis and smoothed out the lines using brown stuff and Mr Surfacer 1000 followed by fine sandpaper to get the finish as smooth as possible.

eldar-jetbikes-31

With the legs and this new chassis molded, I finished up making more or less all the casts I will need for the first 5 Windriders.

jetbike-guardians-05

Everything else (engine nozzles, torsos, heads, non-pilot arms) will be from stock bits and are either already assembled or on their way in the post. Of course, all this effort might prove rather pointless within a week when the next wave of Harlequin releases comes out, rumoured to contain a “Skyweaver” jetbike.  I am very curious to see what it looks  like, although so far I have been rather underwhelmed by the Harlequin releases.

Some parting shots of drive by guy loosely pinned/tacked together.  The head is from the Storm Guardian upgrade pack.

jetbike-guardians-07

jetbike-guardians-08

jetbike-guardians-09

2 Comments

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *